11/23/2008

Thankful

I got this award from Dawne, Angie and Lynn

I am supposed to list 7 things I am thankful for:
1. My son being home even for a short time
2. My family including my husband even tho sometimes he drives me bonkers
3. My parents
4. Great people I have online and I mean each and everyone of you!
5. My computer
6. All my pets
7. Having a home and a job
and give this to 7 people…
1. Heidi You always put a smile on my face and are a very sweet lady!
2. Patricia You are amazing!
3. Paula You have been so nice, caring and understanding, Thank you!
4. Cautcha Lookin' Images My first and only follower
If you haven't received this award and would like to please insert your name
5. here
6. here
7. here
I didn't include the people that gave it to me because they already have it but they are wonderful people and I'm thankful for them too, including Diane from Carjazi Scraps. Thank you ladies!
Everything went great last night, Matt's plane was actually early. Just like I thought would happen I got excited to see him and didn't take no pictures. The minute I saw him I started to cry and walk towards him, he said "Aw mom" and started to cry too. After a LONG hug and a million whispers of "I love you" we headed home. I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to my feeling about my son and many people out there will understand. My son and I were alone for many years. It was always him and I (where you saw one the other wasn't far behind) and I believe we grew up together. I had him at the age of 19 and by the time he was 4 we were all each other had. When he went into the Navy I was proud but worried what would I do without my Buddy. I miss him daily. I am so happy to have him back even for a short time. I hope it isn't another 2 years before I see him again.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Robin....I totally understand how you feel about your son. Mine is over in Iraq right now and even though he has been married for many years and is close to 30....we have always been extremely close...due to the fact that I was a single mother with 2 boys alone for many, many years.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, you know you brought tears to my eyes too..... I can just visualize the reunion!!! Have fun sweetie, cherish every moment.. Loves ya honey!! MWAH + HUGS

Patricia Hodge said...

I'm so glad you have your son home. I can imagine it was a very joyous reunion.

Thanks for the blog award. You are so sweet. I'll try to get it posted on my blog soon.

Heidi said...

I am so glad you got to see your son and smother him with some mom love! As you are aware I full well know how you feel! I got teary eyed reading about your reunion!

And you are just the sweetest thing! I am so glad you smile a little when you read my insane rambling. I am honored that you visit. Honestly.

Love you, chica!!
smooches

Angie said...

Hey girl I just redid my blog and i am trying really hard to put you back on there but when I do and then click on it, it doesn't go to your site, so bare with me I am trying

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

I'm sooooo glad he's home!!! Give him a big hug for me. Enjoy each moment of your time together.

Mwah!

Anonymous said...

Stoppin by to wish you a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I know you're busy... have a great turkey day honey... {{HUGS}}

Cautcha Lookin' Images said...

Thank you so much for the award, it comes as a huge shock and wonderful surprise! I'm adding it on my blog as I speak.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hiya honey... big {{HUGS}} and Happy Thanksgiving... :)